Adjust Ip address on AB factory talk HMI and compact logix

davidlec

Help!!
Can some one please tell me how to change the ip address on a AB CLX and factory talk HMI. I am trying to change the ip address so the machine works on the same ip as other machines in the factory. I have gone to CLX properies and changed this to the new address and changed the panel view address on the configuation screen of the HMI. But the HMI cannot find the Tags of the PLC. Now when I revert them back to the original settings, the panel view still doesn't see the Tags (GULP:oops:). I am not a fan of AB and therefore do not know very much about them but I thought if I downloaded the original programs everything would revert back to the original setting (NOPEo_O)
PLease Help:geek:

There are 3 things you need to change.

You need to change the IP of the CLX, The IP of the Panelview+, AND THEN you need to change where the PV+ is looking for the CLX.

That last part is done in FactoryTalk View Studio, open your application and head down to the RSLinx Enterprise section and choose communication setup. Change the existing shortcuts for Runtime to match the new IP addess you decided on for the CLX. Then create a new runtime application and upload it to the PV+(don't overwrite the old one). Load this application and replace the Communications as it asks.