advanced hmi newbie problems

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
tried to follow the steps in the quick start. tried to open solution and the solution shows as unavailable in microsoft visual studio 2017 solution explorer.

Visual Studio 2017 changed the way the installer works. Instead of installing everything, which could take 30+ minutes, you now select what components you need. By default the Desktop application workload is not selected, which is needed for AdvancedHMI.

Re-run the installer and select the .NET Desktop Development option. You can see a screen shot of it here:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1739.0

fixed

Visual Studio 2017 changed the way the installer works. Instead of installing everything, which could take 30+ minutes, you now select what components you need. By default the Desktop application workload is not selected, which is needed for AdvancedHMI.

Re-run the installer and select the .NET Desktop Development option. You can see a screen shot of it here:

http://advancedhmi.com/forum/index.php?topic=1739.0

I did this before reading your comment:
I right clicked on the solution and clicked on install missing components. It fixed.