AGV - Automoated Guided Vehicle System

There is a lot of wireless Profinet and Ethernet/IP. At least for Profinet it includes safety (I dont know if Ethernet/IP over wireless supports safety). And this is being used for cases just like this.

Darned. Did this thread just turn serious !?

there are many wireless crane controllers that have been out in the market place since before 1984
as well as telemetry systems used for pump station controls - also wireless.
these are to my understanding filsafe.
so 'wifi' and/or E/net is the new product -
I still say bring on the aliens - or cheap labour

I just realise that we have gotten it all wrong.
The original topic was "Automoated Guided Vehicle System "
He managed to develop a vehicle that automatically would drive into the moat.

I think an amphibious vehicle capable of cleaning the moat and other tasks may be a good idea. Weeds algae can be composted and used for fertilizer.

Here in Washington state USA we have machines to harvest the invasive water plants in lakes. Those could also be automated using GPS.

Dan Bentler

hi zai_jr to know about your AGV using PLC programming..was it successful? and what kind of navigation and sensor did u used?

Hi reena, actually the project was cancel by my boss due to budget constraint..after 4 months did study and research the system, I'm juz waste my time bcoz can't to implement the project.....:confused:

Very hard to have so many boss that cannot to get right direction and decision..:unsure::unsure:

Hi reena, actually the project was cancel by my boss due to budget constraint..after 4 months did study and research the system, I'm juz waste my time bcoz can't to implement the project.....:confused:

Very hard to have so many boss that cannot to get right direction and decision..:unsure::unsure:

it is the usual thing that happens in all companies.
the bos thinks it is worth 2 or 3 thousand dollars.
when you put it together and it is 2 or 3 Hundred Thousand.

you need to sack the boss

it is the usual thing that happens in all companies.
the bos thinks it is worth 2 or 3 thousand dollars.
when you put it together and it is 2 or 3 Hundred Thousand.

you need to sack the boss

The words "we need to design this quickly" comes to mind...

The words "we need to design this quickly" comes to mind...
after 16 years at a japanese car company - the Aussie engineers were the worst at exactly that.
AND they would get away with it - you would spend hours to design it - even when you had already explaned it would be too expensive.

One Classic
180,000 dollar robot arm - scrapped shortly after instalation
- ended up stolen and in a scrap heap (aluminuim) - still have the control panel