AGV - Automoated Guided Vehicle System

Dear Mr. Bratt,
Or maybe this antenna function to detect radio frequency being transmitted from the wire and follow it..I'm rite?

Yes you are right. It has two channels left and right so if left signal is stronger it means that it is on its way of the wire and turns right and the other way around.

Yes you are right. It has two channels left and right so if left signal is stronger it means that it is on its way of the wire and turns right and the other way around.

Oic..what model/spec that u use in your AGV system for wire and channel?

Agv

hi zai_jr to know about your AGV using PLC programming..was it successful? and what kind of navigation and sensor did u used?

I have worked on a project where we used AGV for an Assebly line. They travelled on a guided track which also powered the AGV PLC Circuits, using Magnetic induction.

The fact that the track guided the AGV made it pretty easy. We did have lazer sensors to avoid colision on the track so they would automatically stop them it also had limit switches at the front and rear end.

Each AGV had a PLC and then there was one which controlled the interfaces for all the AGV as well as the station logic. When an AGV can be sent to the next station ect.

Used Bluetooth wireless to communicate all this information back to the master. And RFID Tags to verify AGV identity on the track.

Rheinhardt

hi zai_jr to know about your AGV using PLC programming..was it successful? and what kind of navigation and sensor did u used?
welcome to the site
sometimes you need to check the OP - Original Posts Date
this one is 2009

I can see only two possible outcomes of the story.

100% success. By using the information found on the internet he managed to develop a fully autonomous and intelligent vehicle. And he was so surprised about it that he plump forgot to come back and tell about it.

or

100% failure. It went so bad that he was too embarrashed to come back and tell about it.

(I pondered a 3rd possibility, that he had been run over by the vehicle and gotten killed. But since he has posted in other threads since, that seems not to be the case).

Or,

They realized it was a fool's errand after their initial investigation and decided it wasn't worth it.

Or,

They are still working on it since the thread is really only about two and a half years old and this is easily a several years project depending on resources.

I just realise that we have gotten it all wrong.
The original topic was "Automoated Guided Vehicle System "
He managed to develop a vehicle that automatically would drive into the moat.

I ambushed a customer's AGV several years ago. I had forgot about them while I was working on a machine and couldn't find a receptacle nearby so laid an extension cord across the isle.

About 15 minutes later i turned around and R2 was smacking its head against a post and looking a bit inebriated. Got some definite death stares from the maintenance folks of that shift. Apparently the sensor I took out wasn't easy to repair.

But you know ................ that AGV kept it distance from me from that point forward. It's hard to regain a robots trust after you've roughed it up a bit.

Better Off

You are better off using a roller system, or using a microprocessor or controller, PLC have not been used because of their limitations in wireless technology or lack thereof. I have worked with AGV's in the past and they are a pain to maintain and cost a lot too. I would do zero design work as there are a lot of manufacturers out there already who make systems.

Ok, so Siemens has some, any others? If not then my statement was in fact true, limitations and/or lack thereof. Unless there are other's that I'm missing?