Alarm history Query in wincc without connectivity pack

vigo

HI ALL..
i have been given a project in wincc, the task is to design a gui in wincc that when accessed should give the details of alarms sorted in order according to their fields such as time,duration,equipment within the timeframe the user enters. i have been told not to use a connectivity pack or odc. the pre requisite condition is that i have to access the database within wincc. on a survey i find that using connectivity pack or other external application is a solution. how can i avoid this considering the fact that this has to be avoided. Is there a way that i can generate the query from the script that will acess the database.. if so could you please give the code or atleast an idea how to tackle the problem
thanking you in advance
vigo

Hi vigo,
Did you solve this situation ? I've the same request, but as far as i've been searching, the connectivity pack is a must. Any info?