Allen Bradley: Cannot find 1794-AENTR in catalog to add to backplane

Or you could just install a 1794-AENT which you should be able to do in version 19 and at a later date when production allows upgrade to at least version 20.04
and change to the 1794-AENTR.

Is there a reason that you are wanting to install the 1794-AENTR, is it because you have one or are wanting to use the DLR capabilities of the 1794-AENTR.

Alan.

The project was started before I started this job. The electrical cabinet has already been built and installed.
That's why I'm more or less forced to use that module.

But anyway its my intention to get all systems updated to newer firmware versions. But I'll have to get a complete overview over the plants different PLCs.
The plant have external people available with experience in Allen Bradley, but they mostly have programming experience and not much low level hardware knowledge.

But thanks for your help. it seems so obvious now.

The official advice from AB/Rockwell is below.

• With RSLogix5000 versions prior to v.20, Disabled Electronic Key option can be used.
    • Note: This combination is expected to work but was not officially tested.
I have been using an 1794-AENTR on a V19 Logix for over a year now without any issues. However, I am using it as a pass through to an Ethernet Solenoid Bank, and not for DLR.

Stu....