Allen Bradley Compact Logix need help

Snipy

Hello everybody,

I complete a project (a little factory with conveyors, sensors and robots) and I must use a PLC, the Allen Bradley CompactLogix L32E plc.
Before I have never used a plc, so it's my first time.

I didn't find a real tutorial about Allen Bradley plc on internet, I read only the Get Started manual.

To begin, I create a project with the software RSLogix 5000, I configured and established a serial connection (with RSLinx CLassic) and after I configured my first module : a 1769-IF4XOF2 (4 analog inputs 2 analog outputs).

How can I do a very basic routine : read the voltage of a sensor in input ?

And I have a problem, when I want to download my program to the PLC, I can't because I have the following error : (Type 03) I/O Fault (Code 23) “At least one required connection was not established before going into Run mode."

Please help me,

Thank you very much

Regards

Snipy

thank you for your answer,

I am trying to read the User Manual, there are lot of informations !

I follows the indications of the User Manuel (page 14to 27), but I can't download my first program.
I have this error :

can't download to faulted controller. CLear faults and try again

And if I search the error, the issue is :

(Type 03) I/O Fault (Code 23) “At least one required connection was not established before going into Run mode."
(During the download I am in the PROG mode)

I configured 2 modules, for my input : 1769-IA16 and for my output 1769-OW81

I don't understand what is the problem,

Your controller is faulted.
You will have to clear the fault and set the CPU to Program Mode before attempting to download an application.
Is it a new controller?
Are you sure the project tree modules are identical to the physical ones?

Last edited:
You have defined two modules as necessary for this system. The processor is erroring because it could not establish a connection to both of these modules. Are the modules actually installed properly?

Your controller is faulted.
You will have to clear the fault and set the CPU to Program Mode before attempting to download an application.
Is it a new controller?
Are you sure the project tree modules are identical to the physical ones?

Yes, when I clear the fault, after I can download the program, but few seconds after, the error come back.

Attached file, my plc and the modules. The white numbers are the project tree modules that I do, it's good? Or maybe I don't understand your question ?

You have defined two modules as necessary for this system. The processor is erroring because it could not establish a connection to both of these modules. Are the modules actually installed properly?

The modules are on the rack (photo), and I installed the both modules in RSLogix 5000 following the informations of the manual.
I/O Configuration > Conpactbus local> New module. The modules were in the list, so I put add and I try to put the good version and revision.

Thank you for your help

Sorry,

I forgot the photo :O

My PLC :

For my basic program attached file:

Thank you very much

Welcome!
It looks like your missing the end cap on the right side.
I didn't look at your code.

Hope this helps

Hello Bob O, thank you for your answer!
My question is probably stupid, but what is the end cap ? and How can I put the end cap on the right side?

Thank you ...

1769-ECR (right side)and 1769-ECL (left side) are the CompactLogix physical Backplane Bus "loop-back connectors".
Since the 1769 systems are not chassis based and highly expandable, the physical backplane is electrically "open-ended", requiring an end cap for the existing bus to be functional.

AS you look on the pcl photo (my previous post), You are right, I think I have not an end cap on the right side.

I searched in my lab, and I didn't find it.

It's necessary ? How can I do if I have not the end cap ?

Thank you very much

1769-ECR(L) is listed at $33.45.
Contact your local Rockwell distributor. They should have at least a dozen on their shelves.