Allen Bradley Compact Logix need help

THank you guys,

I ordered the end cap few days ago and
I received the 1769-ECR yesterday.
I put the end cap on the PLC and I try to run my program, but I have always the same error....

(Type 03) I/O Fault (Code 23) “At least one required connection was not established before going into Run mode."

Moreover On the modules, the error says :

(Code16#0203) Connection timed out

I didn't change my program, what do I do ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
If "test_with_manual" .zip within post #9 is still your current project file and the current hardware configuration is the one from the pic in the same post, then you have two modules unaccounted for within the RSL5K project you are downloading to the controller.
Slot1 contains an Analog Module which is not in the project tree and Slot4 has a Communications Module also inexistent within your application file.
As a rule of thumb, within any RSL5K project Rev.19 or lower, any module installed in the physical rack has to be included into the application file's project tree prior to downloading it to the CPU.

The faults you are experiencing are caused by the CPU's "lack of knowledge" about the devices which are trying to establish communications.

In the Offline RSL5K file ADD the two "extra" devices to the corresponding slots and then download again; use SAVE after every Offline/Online hardware/program edit.

Last edited: