Analog Input rslogix 5000

regarding the formula in your SCP ...

This was copied straight from the samples that loaded with the software.

this is strange ... I don't doubt what you're saying – but please post again and give us the specific file path to the Samples directory you used ... we need to know about this – because the formula is not correct ...

the figure below shows the logic from the samples that loaded with my version 17 of RSLogix5000 ... not sure where yours came from ...

the path is C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects\Samples\ENU\v17\Rockwell Automation\Add_On_Instructions_Samples.ACD

moving right along ...

the formula that you posted isn't correct either ... if I were you, I'd just copy the rungs that I've posted below ...

and the alarm setpoints should be changeable from the HMI ... they are INT type tags with the following names:

Local:1:C.Ch0HAlarmLimit ... and ...
Local:1:C.Ch0LAlarmLimit ...

personally I'd bring the values from the HMI into "temporary" tags first – and then do some "range limiting" operations before moving the values into the actual alarm limits ... this would keep the operator from incorrectly entering some weird number that might mess everything up ... something classic like two rungs ... LES/MOV ... and ... GRT/MOV ...

hope this helps ... time's up ...

scp_from_samples.JPG

sorry – but you've lost me again ...

if you had truly "imported" the SCP as you said, then it would look exactly like the original ... specifically, you'd have those same three rungs that are shown in the picture attached to your post #17 ...

instead you've got only one rung - with just a CPT instruction ... where did THAT come from? ...

my best guess is that you tried to "convert" the original three rungs into one rung with a CPT statement ... that's technically OK – just as long as you get the math converted over correctly ...

if that's WHAT you did, then the next question is: "WHY did you do it?" ...

big problem: the math in your SCP add-on instruction is wrong ...

back to the drawing board ...

Ok now I have redone the export and import and all the logic is right . I will try to continue on now till I get stuck again.. Thanks