"Another node is program owner" - Download error

wildcatherder

While previously I have used the serial port to download RSS files to Micrologix PLCs, I recently moved RSLogix 500 to another computer and, for one reason or another, I cannot use serial comm.

I figured out how to connect via Ethernet but when I download the program, I now get "PLC-499" error f01b, which translates as "Another node is program owner."

How do I change the program ownership to the current node?

"Apply to Project" must be checked

I managed to figure this out even though searching for help on program ownership and nodes found me nothing.

When you change from one communication node to another, e.g. serial node to an ethernet node, that error will occur unless the new node is "applied" to the project (the RSS file).

With RSS file loaded, open Communications from top menu, select System Communications, select the node you are currently using. Click on the box for "Apply to Project". Click on OK.

IMPORTANT: Save the file before before downloading or the same error will happen again on the next download.

As a Alan Alda book title,
"The things l over heard while talking to myself"(which cracks me up)
Your book,
"The things l found out by looking for myself"
Thanks for posting your answer to your question.
Regards