another plc temperature question

irondesk40

In the past, we have always used Fuji Temperature controllers and J type thermocouples on all of our equipment to control temperature.
Now, we are working on a small prototype project that will have 5 porportional steam valves to control the temperature in a chamber.
I know from experience that you could use a Fuji temperature control in the front panel and a j type temperature controller and set it to autotune, put in the desired temp and it would work like a charm. We have used this same type of setup in hundreds of different machines and works great.
I have attached a diagram of how I have always done this in the past.
Now we have a new boss that worked in a different industry and he wants to control the temp with the PLC. He has never used temperature controllers and has taken the stance that everything should be controlled with the plc. Well, the boss is the boss, so now on next project will look at using the plc.
We will be using a Slc 505 plc due to the fact that we have a spare that we can use.
Based on experience from others who use this site, would you recommend using the rtd card and a rtd sensor or a thermocouple card and thermocouple. The desired temperature will be around 185-200 degrees F.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do not have the luxury to order a card to experiment with, so whatever I order is what I will have to use. Also, not asking for anyone to do it for me, but any samples that you may want to post and share would be great. I have found that just looking at code that others have done, is a great way to learn and helps you understand that no matter what you have done, there is always someone who has done it in a better way.
Thanks

Thanks
He is dead set on it being controlled by the plc. Will look at the spectrum card.
Have never done it through the plc, but willing to learn everything that I can. ( never know, may be useful on a job interview)