Any news on Studio 5000 Designer V34 yet?

*Bump*

Any News, Any News???

I take it all back!!!!

I NEED AOI Online Edit, or at least import and overwrite.
I want to o_O right now, have to manually edit 80 rungs to manually switch a AOI call over to a new version (that I renamed), because it is on a customers Main Plant PLC.

Kill me Kill me now.

Yes I know I am dramatic

If it was in ST I could atleast edit the entire routine all at one time. But not with Ladder.... o_O

P.S. I had 3 hours of sleep I would up all night watching a customer run their CIP. So I might be a bit cranky

It is kind of scary to edit AOI online. For small project is OK, for a complicated project is kind of dangerous.

@JeremyM

So no other info about the SDK? Just a rumor that it is happening?

I would really really like the ability to encrypt/decrypt, source protection from my own code. It would make my life SOOOOOO MUCH easier.

Not a rumor, just not a simultaneous release with v34.

I got a little information from our guys on this SDK. It sounds like the initial release will give similar functionality of the command line interface:

• Open ACD Project
• Set Path
• Download to Controller
• Upload from Controller
• Set Controller to Remote Run
• Close Project

I got a little information from our guys on this SDK. It sounds like the initial release will give similar functionality of the command line interface:
I kinda doubt they will do more than that, at least that is backwards compatible with older versions.

I suspect this API they are releasing is simply documentation on an existing, but unpublished API. I assume it is the same API that the CLI tool uses. Which is probably why the features are the same.

I doubt they will do anymore than that for older versions, because that would mean modifying those older versions.

Still I am excited.

I kinda doubt they will do more than that, at least that is backwards compatible with older versions.

I suspect this API they are releasing is simply documentation on an existing, but unpublished API. I assume it is the same API that the CLI tool uses. Which is probably why the features are the same.

I doubt they will do anymore than that for older versions, because that would mean modifying those older versions.

Still I am excited.

more words that I received.

The SDK will be backwards compatible to V31 and above.

The SDK will initially release with a subset of the total
planned functions. Because the SDK does not require
a major Studio 5000 Logix Designer® V release,
additional functions will be added as they are
developed and may occur more rapidly than a normal V
release cadence.

It is kind of scary to edit AOI online. For small project is OK, for a complicated project is kind of dangerous.

I can cause major consequences with high risk to my plant with online changes that are not an AOI change. Likewise I can make changes to an AOI with very low risk (eg my dry tonnes per hour calc block that has this annoying little bug and only impacts data displayed and reported).
If the argument is that Rockwell have to protect us from our own stupidity / recklessness, then maybe they should prevent ALL online changes?

Doesn't the CLI tool allow us to export to L5X also? I really hope the SDK supports that and that there is an option for me to run as a FT Directory priv user and export to L5X with the encryption turned off.
That way I can automate an export of the L5X of my secured processors and then execute my parsing tool on the L5X to extract out all of the object (AOI) parameters to allow me to audit vs our specification database (all triggered by a detection of a logic change in the processor at SCADA).
You know - do something a bit 21st century...:rolleyes:
Apologies for the cynicism - too many decades of disappointment ;)