Any redundant power supply out there can generate 20A, 24V DC?

flyers

Hi guy,

Appreciate if you guys can give me some info/manufacturer which has a power supplies with the following spec;

Input: 2x 240V AC (one from main AC, one from UPS AC), or if the p/s is 1 x AC input only, I can use 2 units and parallel them.
Output: 24V DC
Output Amp: 20Amp or above
Other: Can work in series to generate 80Amp for my field instruments

I've browse thru the AB, but do not find such capacity power supplies. Please advice. Thank you. ;)

Last edited:
Guys,

I managed to browse thru the p/supply from Meanwell, refer to the 2 attachments, are they able to meet my spec? Please help me to clarify. Thanks.

Siemens Sitop redundancy module 6EP1961-3BA20 takes two 24VDC inputs and switches it to make one safe output.
Rated to max 20A, so you would need 4 of these to get 80A.

Alternatively, use a DC UPS module in stead of AC UPS.
There is the Siemens Sitop 6EP1931-2FC21 DC UPS module (requires 6EP1935-6MF01 battery module for 2 minutes at 20A, or 6EP1935-6MF01 battery module for 11 minutes at 20A, or two of either to get 2 or 11 minutes at 40A).
You have to feed the DC UPS from a regular DC power supply.

Regardles of the solution I dont think you should connect them in parallel to get 80A. Better create 4 or 2 individual groups of 24V each with 20 or 40A load.

You recently had a post entitled
AC vs DC Ampere calculation
where you wanted to supply 5 separately located machines with 24 DC from 5 power supplies tied in parallel.

You were advised to keep each 24 V power separate and not parallel them.

Jusper in this post advises you the same.

What is this place a hospital or other where you MUST have power for life safety reasons?
IF that is the case
then get properly designed power supplies that are independent and can rapidly switch in case of failure via an ABT or other rapid switch.
While you are at it get an emergency standby generator to supply this 24 VDC and another rapid switch.

OR
go ahead and connect em up any ole way you want. It is your equipment and you can deal with your mistakes later.

You would be much better off using a single 24 DC power supply at each machine. That way if when you have a fault you lose only one machine.
Dan Bentler