Compact Redundant AC Power Solutions

dabomb4097

I have a control cabinet that wants to be fed by redundant AC circuits. Is there such a thing as a small, preferably DIN rail mount in-cabinet 120V Single Phase "Automatic Transfer Switch" that meets US standards?

The only in-cabinet DIN rail mounted product I've found is an ABB unit, but it doesn't seem to have any US certifications (UL or other NRTL, etc) just EU stuff which the customer won't accept.

Everything else I've found is 19" rack mount or larger. Anyone have any suggestions for such a device?

you could use a relay for this relatively easy.

have one circuit feed a NO pin & the coil, the other circuit would feed a NC pin while the common pin would feed the cabinet

when the power drops on the primary circuit, the relay would drop out, causing the NC contacts to close & be fed by the auxiliary circuit