Application Question

Bob O

Application question on how would you do it.
I will have two PF755 CM drives controlling two motors on an overhead chain conveyor. It was suggested to use CIP Motion for this but talking to the local RA and tech support both asked why are you using CIP just do speed regulation/load sharing.
Opinions?
Thanks,
Bob O

Are the two motors tied together by the chain? Are they on a common shaft? Or are they one conveyor followed by another? Who decided CIP Motion was the way to go? You may want to ask them why they went that way.

If the two motors are intimately coupled (by shaft or by chain) I would just use a torque sharing set-up and not use CIP Motion. IF they are not intimately coupled but you want to keep them moving together then CIP Motion is the way to go.

Keith

The motors are tied together by a chain. I can email a pdf of the layout if anyone would like to see it. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Thanks,
Bob O

If the motors are tied together by a chain then I would be inclined to use load sharing. How you actually accomplish load sharing is often a subject of debate but I think load sharing is the best method.

I can't believe I just agreed with an RA guy!!

Keith