Assignment help !!!!

i say again - ask him or tell him he is slack
i dont mind helping - just p's me off when instructors get paid 40-60 per hour and do not assist

Thank you so much with yasirkhi about helping me, i'm so grateful about that. Thank you.
Henry, A situation that is worse than receiving no help is receiving erroneous help that could lead you astray.

1. This problem does not need a Sequencer. It could be used, but if it is , it makes finding errors much harder. In Yasirs program, he has both Start switch and something called "Tank HI". I assume that Tank Hi is supposed to be the compressor control pressure switch. I think "Pressure High" would be a better description. For traditional compressor control, you do not usually have a Start Switch or a Start pushubtton (only pressure switch inputs).

2. This SHOULD be a traditional alternator control circuit where each time the pressure swith goes on, it alternates WHICH compressor runs. You can find many examples here by searching for "alternator" or "flip-flop". When you add the alternator logic, it will become very simple to write the remainder of the program logic.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie. I tried to use sequencer because, I didn't know about flip flop. Your program is very professional. Please tell me how to mention card name and bit address like you did in your program rung.

Yasir,

Those card names are inserted by the RSLogix500 software. The program gets that information from the I/O Configuration (where you tell it which cards you have installed into the PLC, or if you have the PLC connected, you go online and do an automatic configure (where the software scans the Input and Output modules and determines what they are).

Lancie,

i tried your flip logic, something is missing. Please check again, post only flip logic the simplest one, i will really appreciate that.

Waiting.

Lancie,

i tried your flip logic, something is missing. Please check again, post only flip logic the simplest one, i will really appreciate that.

Waiting.
Of course there's something missing. You weren't expecting to let Lancie do the work and you getting the credits, weren't you?

Lancie,

Waiting.
Yasir, wait no more! Here is alternator logic that I think is about the simplest one, and the one used in my posted program. To use this logic, of course you have to set up your program rungs correctly.

Which one is simplest depends on the situation. What is simple in one case may be more difficult in other cases. What is simple for one person may be impossible for another. Try swapping places with Rungs 002 and 003. Also try adding a OSR on Rung 003 after the PS1 pressure switch.

Simple Alternator Logic.jpg

Last edited:
Well , if he can helps me, i won't ask you guys for help, he just seat on the chair, playing with computer and see youtube , how great life is that , huh?
Thank you so much with yasirkhi about helping me, i'm so grateful about that Thank you

Henry has found a useless instructor. His best option is to attend class get all he can get the best grade he can and move on.

In the meantime he has us.

What Henry has to find is a GOOD instructor who CAN teach and is WILLING to do so. Bit hard to find but when he does he will treasure him / her. Worth their weight in gold.

Best of luck from someone who has done the student thing.

Dan Bentler

If this guy is still doing this course - I doubt It
THE courses like this finished in november last year
He may be doing some other course now

Thanks Lancie. I didn't understand the rung 003 that High pressure switch to be normally closed. Here is what I did in logixpro.

Yasir,

You made a good effort. It works okay if you use a maintained-contact Start switch. How are real air compressors started?

The industrial ones I have seen usually have On/Off pushbuttons and a pressure switch input. If ON, then the pressure switch controls the RUN and NOT RUN of the compressor motor.

Thanks Lancie. I didn't understand the rung 003 that High pressure switch to be normally closed.
The pressure switch is normally closed when it is laying on the shelf (not installed and prssure = 0). It opens when pressure = setpoint, and closes when pressure = some pressure lower than setpoint but not 0.

Usually we want Compressor 1 to run first. Therefore we do not want the alternator circuit to operate until the pressure switch goes CLOSED (starts Compressor 1) then OPEN again (operates alternator to switch control to Compressor 2 (but Compressor 2 does not start yet until the pressure switch closes the second time.

Note that the PLC Input instruction is not the same thing as the normally closed pressure switch. Therefore we need to use an XIO instruction to give us the opposite of what the pressure switch is doing (XIO closes when pressure switch opens) Note that that is NOT the same thing as a "normally closed" contact.

Also Henry's original problem has some additional tasks:
As the air is being used the pressure switch closes to start the compressor, now being the second one. This process repeats five (5) times, then a warning bell must sound for ten (10) seconds to let the operator know he must add oil.

Stage 2: A low pressure switch has been added to the tank. When the air stays too low for 5 minutes, the plc starts both compressors and runs them for 10 minutes and then returns to normal duty. This emergency start does not count toward the bell cycle.

Last edited:
Yasir,

I fixed your Sequencer version of Brian's Homework. Your sequencer instruction was set up correctly, but some of your sequencer trigger inputs were off or missing. Open two copies of LogixPro and compare this version to your original to see the differences.

I assumed that the Pressure Switch closes to start compressor, then reopens when pressure builds up to the setpoint on the pressure switch. This is the way a standard air compressor pressure switch operates.

what a shame

Well , if he can helps me, i won't ask you guys for help, he just seat on the chair, playing with computer and see youtube , how great life is that , huh?
Thank you so much with yasirkhi about helping me, i'm so grateful about that
Thank you

What a shame!!

when some one graduates, get a job, can't get the job done, get fired...
you are supposed to become an engineer when(if) you graduate, an engineer capable of generating solutions off the top of your head to real world problems..I just wonder what will happen to the world when REAL engineers go extinct due to the fact we don't have motivated teachers to teach engineering students. JUST WANT THE PAY CHECK and TITLE.

I have been asked to help some engineering students before, they were studying Mechatronic engineering and after a short meeting, they explained they wanted me to provide a non-mathematical solution to their assignment, because they didn't understand mathematics.

I would definitely report your teacher to the management for not providing you with enough help and not taking your lack of english speaking ability into consideration.

Kyle