Attn. Phil, Q about PM

panic mode

Hi Phil,

Just wondering if it's ok to ask for few little things to be changed. i don't use PMs very often but when I do, but anyway:

- when sending private message, there is popup "request a read receipt for this message". is there a way or setting to turn this nagger off? maybe a checkbox "don't ask for read receipts" and radio buttons to choose respond type "send read recepit for msg: all/none/ask me".

also the buttons should be labeled Yes and No (ok, now i'm getting picky...).

the other question is about PM size limit of 2000 characters. Can this be a bit bigger? 5-10k maybe? please?

lazy me...

It would be nice to turn the request a read receipt off. Lots of times when I'm in a hurry I will click the send button then walk away while waiting on the internet only to come back 30 minutes later with the popup on the screen

Thanks for the feedback!

I have changed the PM max message size to 5k as requested.

Regarding the PM 'read receipt' popup... I'll have to investigate that one. It doesn't sound too difficult but I won't know till I dig into the code.

Enjoy,

and while we're on the subject ...

quite often I send PMs that don't ever get read ... (yes, I know that they're probably just ignoring me) ... but usually I've sent the PM to a brand new member ... I'm just wondering if maybe they're not noticing the flashing "you've got a message" prompt when they first check into the forum ... maybe something a little bit "flashier" would be helpful ...

thanks for everything ...

Ron, you have the option of whether to acknowledge the Read Receipt or not. I wonder how many just choose not to send the read receipt and have actually read the messages.