Backup B&R PowerPanel 4P30.00

alec24

Greatings,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to make a program backup from a B&R PowerPanel.

I had used PVI Transfer and used the Upload command for all the modules (on the module list command) and I had get a lot of *.BR files. Is this enough?

I need to make a few test transfering another program. If I later use PVI to download of all *.BR files to the Panel, will i get the Panel as it was originally?.

Thanks.

Thank's for your answer.

I tried to backup the Compact Flash, but It asked me for a "Disk", I'm not sure if the PowerPanel 4P3040.00 has this "Disk", because when I click on "Select Disk" It doesn't show me anything.

Dear alec24,

Your PowerPanel, PP41, has not compact flash. It has a PCMCIA slot that can be used for backup/restore.

Using PVI is the correct route. Make sure that you put all modules back in the correct memory location. You normally do not need modules that start with $. They are system modules.

Please contact B&R International Support if you need assistance.

http://www.br-automation.com/cps/rde/xchg/br-automation_com/hs.xsl/service_5640_ENG_HTML.htm

Thanks for the answer,

I use the PVI upload modules and after the tests I use the PVI download modules and It works just fine. I didn´t use the backup/restore because my panel doesn't have any PCMCIA card in the slot.

Oh, I also make some test with a PP420 and I use backup/restore for the Compact Flash card.

Thanks again for the answers.