Bad Batch of NT2S?

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
Within in the last year I have installed two NT2S-SF122B-EV2 HMI's. Both were installed on Omron PLC's (One on a CPM1A, the other on a CPM2A). Both of them "locked up" within 3 months of installation. Different locations, one of them never powers down, the other sits powered off for extended periods of time. Different programs which ran fine for months. Both of them showed the startup screen and would not link to the PLC, required firmware reload before a reload of the software. Has anyone else experienced this on these HMI's?

I have about 20 of these running, some for more than 5 years.

Have only had that issue once or twice.

As I understand it these are made by a company in India with Omron's name on them, while they have many great features, they have some issues; The programming software is very un-stable, the units come un-glued, and the firm ware issue you mentioned.

Even with the issues, they are a low cost feature rich display.

I agree these are good bang for the buck. I too have used 20-30 of them over the years, agree about the progamming package, but until these last two installs have never had a callback, just lucky I guess.