Beckhoff axis motion AX2003

Hello all, we are using beckhoff twincat system 2.9 in which we have added a motion axis in one machine after the final machine installtion.
We were facing a very common problem in that machine that whenever there is sudden power failure, one axis which we had added stops moving.
And we have to replace the IPC's hard disk every time this problem comes.
This particular problem is coming only in one machine in which we had added motion axis by ourself.
The drive which we were using in beckhoff AX2003.
So is anything we have missed during creating or saving the program ?

It is clearly impossible that a software issue could affect the hard disk to the level of needing to replace it.

It looks clear to me that a power outage should not be the reason of a hard disk problem, a power outage should mean in the worst case a data loss. Anyway, probably you have a current peak that is the reason for the power outage.

This peak probably causes the hard disk death.

Try to find out reasons why the drive could generate this peak: bad connectors and cables touching between them, broken drive,... Imagine you've configured the axis to be too rigid for what it can handle, if that is the case you should face following errors, sudden stops, shakes,...

Meanwhile you are solving the issue, put a UPS system to that PC. This should be mandatory in any industrial installation with PC controllers.

Hope this helps.

take care to have the power supplies separated, as it is possible to have negative voltage on power supply. on the bus if something is not connected the right way

What exactly does "stops moving" mean? Are there any fault messages after the machine restarts?

Is it possible that some PLC variables that are relevant to this axis operation are not retained upon a power cycle?

thanks friend for your reply..
actually "stops moving" in my case signifies that the axis got deactivated and not moving at all.
No fault is coming on drive as well as HMI screen.
I am aslo doubting on program part only as after loading data again on hard disk everything comes on normal operation.

Thanks friend for the reply..
making it more clear that in hard disk replacment we are just loading the image and data again in the same hard disk. After that machine comes in normal operation.