Beckhoff Encoder Module KL5111 and KL3102 Analog I/P Module

Hello

dose anyone know how to configure the KL5111 from Beckhoff. see http://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?bus_terminal/kl5111.htm

particularly from the Twincat progrmming side. i am trying to measure the speed of a wheel and I have locate this KL5111 and an seeing wheather it could be used. i have set up siemens plcs with HSC to measure speed but am new to beckhoffs and the concept of adding modules to the plc to perform functions.

also i need to measure an analog input of 0 -20 mA. i have obtained the following module: KL3102 2-channel analog input terminal -10 v.+10 v
see http://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?bus_terminal/kl3102.htm

the module takes -10 to +10 V. even if i could set it up to take 0 - 10V i would be happy. dose anyone know if this can be done? i know you can buy 0-10V modules but can this -10 to 10V module work ok with a 0 - 10V input?

any help would be great

thanks
brendan

5111 works with input words in registers, see manual what it all means, and find the function block made for this module.

3102 yes you can use it, only half of resolution is used but yes with a 500 resistor over the input it will give you good signal, use a function block to adjust the span and zero.

hello shooter,

i am having trouble setting up the KL5111 can you guide me how i can set it up to receive a signal from an incremental encoder and get out an RPM speed.

i am completely lost and not sure even where to start. if there was some sample program or other guidance it would be great.

i tried making a program, but when i give the "A" input a number of pulses, it only displays "1". if i force a value say 27000 then i get an RPM value out. is there some mode you must select for the KL5111 module?

a sample program would be of great help.

thanks