Beckhoff KM6551 troubles

Tommy Cooper

I have a project for school to let 2 Beckhoff 6551 wireless data modules to communicate. Problem is one is always going out of run when I go from config mode to run mode (also when I check then with the KS2000 software he gives as channel name # although I configure the standard channel 5 as asked channel. The head module is a BC9050 for the Slave (that gives trouble). The master is a BC3150 that goes to run and when I check the parameters in ks2000 also perfectly like asked gives channel 5 as transmitting band. I have already had contact with the beckhoff support that send a link where I can find the Function blocks and even a sample programme (but even the sample doesn't run in the run mode only in config and free run).

I'm shure at the moment that my hardware configuration is OK. Some one able to make a very basic plc program for communication ? Maybe so I will see if I did something wrong or did give a wrong parameter.

Push

Really no one ever worked with this or wanting to help me to get on the right track ? I keep losing time to find out I keep running in to the same wall.

Last edited:
channel 5 oke but what are the station numbers the master is always 0.
and sure you have a licence for the machines and not a demo?

With the dip switches I made indeed the master 0 (and slave is n°1 ) and I had no extra software for the KM modules or so in the box. Even on the Beckhoff page I never seen that there is any software for them or do I miss understand the reply ?

there should be a libary or function blocks be available for the modules. in these you can set all vars in a simple manner.

I had them already in a downloaded Library and used them sadly enough without positive result. That's why I think I made a mistake in parametration of the Var's and without any example it's difficult to know where. Their InfoSYS didn't clear this out either.

Shooter can I give you a call on Monday for example ? I tryed to arrange a appointment with beckhoff support but without succes. I only have three weeks left to finish my project. It starts to get tight in time.