Beckhoff Nema17 contol with TB6600

PaveLC

Hi everybody!

I am new to the Beckhoff system and I need advice on how to easily control the TB6600 controller. Has anyone solved this problem before or do you know a tutorial that I can follow? I am going to use it as a controller for a stepper motor as an extruder for the SCARA 3D printer. So I will need to follow somehow the G-code and give the instructions to the controller. Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:
TB6600 is a generic stepper driver.

It has 3 input signals, one enable, one direction signal and one pulse, the stepper does a step(or micro-step) every time you give it a pulse on the pulse input.
Since those inputs are all on opto-isolators its a matter of sizing the correct current limiting resistor and it will accept 24V control signals.

It is also important to say, that I need to control it with the standard output terminal EL2008
Sorry but that isn't going to happen. The EL2008 is a standard digital output terminal. It doesn't have the switching speed necessary to drive a stepper. You could use it for the direction input on the TB6600, but the pulse signal needs to be from a high speed PLC output. If you're using Beckhoff I would suggest the EL2521 terminal.