beijer e600 hmi ethernet mirroring

bermik

Hi all,

Would very much appreciate some tips regarding adding a ethernet card to an e600 terminal. I have a e600 that has no ethernet card attached today.
My goal is to be able to mirror the screen on a computer which will enable me to remotely monitor the terminal.

I have:
-e600 with firmware v5.01d B304 boot: v4.03
-Mitsubishi PLC FX2N on rs424
-ethernet card IFC ETTP
-computer with e-designer 7.5 and hmi-tools installed
-rs232 straight cable

From what I have found on beijer website and forums I should be able to install the card via hmi tools and enable ftp/webserver and upload an aplet. Via iexplorer 6.0 I should then be able to mirror the terminal.

Now, before I go ahead and attempt this I have some questions...

When I try to download the program (I want a backup) from the e600-terminal via rs232 I get a message that the firmware is not compatible (v6.1 in e-designer and v5.01 on terminal). I would rather not upgrade firmware if I don't have to (if it aint broken, don't ...) Do I have to find an older version of e-designer (v6.13) to match the firmware or can I download and import the 5.01d firmware into edesigner 7.5? If so where can i get the 5.01d firmware? I can not find v6.13 in my pile of cds and it was unistalled when i installed v7.5.

I have also come across a comment that v6.x firmware was required for the applet to work on e-series but not mentioned in manual.

Thankfull for any help as I am a newbie and don't want to screw up on my first attempt:unsure:

There is a good chance that you will mess it up, but so long as you have uploaded the program first you should be able to recover. Messing things up is when you really start to learn.

I should be able to install the card via hmi tools and enable ftp/webserver and upload an aplet
I have only ever done this as part of the main program rather than using HMI tools, so I can't give a definite answer.

Via iexplorer 6.0 I should then be able to mirror the terminal.
You will be able to access any web pages you have defined but I don't think you can mirror the screen that way. I have always used a VNC client, go to the Beijer website and search for 'Remote Access Viewer':
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/en/support/Help online
Other VNC viewers should be just as good.

If so where can i get the 5.01d firmware?
I have a copy of the old firmware, it is just above the file size limit for the Forum so I can't post it, but PM me and I can email it to you. The firmware bit isn't the problem, it is getting E-Designer to let you specify the old firmware. Don't know how you can do that.

Thank you for you input, PM in your box.

There is a good chance that you will mess it up, but so long as you have uploaded the program first you should be able to recover. Messing things up is when you really start to learn.

Yes I agree, in this case I am working on a live panel so messing it up would get me in trouble.

You will be able to access any web pages you have defined but I don't think you can mirror the screen that way. I have always used a VNC client, go to the Beijer website and search for 'Remote Access Viewer':
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/en/support/Help online
Other VNC viewers should be just as good.

I looked at Remote access viewer but as I understood it it doesn't support E600? Or rather E600 does not support VNC connections? Maybe upgrading firmware of E600 will make the use of VNC possible? Have you or anyone else here used Remote Access Viewer on a e600 and got it working?

Had Remote Access Viewer working with an E300, but that was back in 2007 and my memory barely gets me back to the start of this year. That was with the updated firmware.

Hi,

Old E-series does not support VNC-connections. They require that you upload a HTML-page/Java-applet that handles the "mirroring".

Another thing that you need to consider is that this applet only supports Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine, this was discontinued many years ago. The applet will not work together with Sun's Java. There is some information about this in Beijer's knowledge base:
http://www.beijer.se/web/web_se_be_...ang=SE&DocID=B07D2CAA345BD037C12578FC004B34B3

There is also a Swedish start-up document:
http://www.beijer.se/web/web_se_be_...ang=SE&DocID=7D97C8208A617734C125728E005A0196

Maybe you should consider updating to an E1000-panel, you can then use a standard VNC-client instead.

Thank you for your input. I have now succeeded without bricking or messing up program.

E-Designer 6.13 with the same firmware (v5.01d) that was on the e600 so I didn't have to upgrade firmware or upload/download program.
1. New blank project
2. Receive (from terminal) to have a backup
3. Install Network card
4. Add network card in project and assign IP-adress
5. Add FTP/WWW/terminal control services
6. Send project (Uncheck auto firmware download) Uncheck everything except "system" This way program is not sent to terminal, only the network services changes.
7. Download e600.cab java applet and e600.htm files to terminal via FTP. (HMITools or via browser)
8. Set up a virtual machine with XP SP3. Install Microsoft VM (old version java on Beijer support site)

Good to go!

If you run into trouble mirroring using IE or another browser (due to the JAVA troubles mentioned above). You can try TightVNC client, this still works. Also on iPad and iPhone.