Beijer E600 Message Library

bigvern10

Friends,

Just wondered if anyone has had problems with the Message Library not transferring to a Beijer E series HMI?

We have a E600 unit with a blown backlight, and decided to change the unit for a new one we had in stores. We managed to get the program out of the duff unit, initally using E-Designer v6, and the recipe was saved using HMI Tools.

Both program and recipe downloaded to the new E600 fine and everything worked APART from the sequence step messages which displayed "1" instead of the actual message! Further investigation found that the Message Library had not downloaded to the new E600. We checked the Message Library screens on E-Designer and all the messages were there!

We've since tried uploading/downloading using E-Designer v7, uploading ONLY the messages instead of the whole project, checking and unchecking the Download Driver boxes, all to no avail...

Anyone experienced this before and managed to sort it?

FYI: Both new and old E600's are made by Beijer. The old unit is running Firmware v6.03b and the new unit has Firmware v6.10. The HMI's memory was cleared before every download took place.

Thank you in advance for any info! :)

OK, after much head scratching and box clicking I eventually found the solution:

I went to the PROJECT tab in E-Designer. Clicked on PROJECT PROPERTIES. I found that the OPERATOR TERMINAL box was empty! I selected the correct terminal type and Firmware version for the terminal I was downloading to, clicked OK, clicked OK again on the warning box for a terminal change and re-downloaded to the new E600. :D

Many Thanks!