Beijer E900 link to E700 to plc

kevbloke

Hello all,
I have an E900 controlling a mitsi A2AS plc. These are joined via a Beijer CR01 interface. The cable from the E900 is joined to the CR01 via terminals 31 to 42.
Is it possible to also plug an E700 in to the same CR01 interface unit?
The operators would like a second control point (E700) to do what the E900 does.( opening tanks and turning on stirrers)
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi kevbloke

Don't know what a CR01 interface is so I am uncertain of my reply. But, I do know you can network the two HMIs together using the either of the serial ports and then use the Beijer Data Transfer Protocol to move data between the two HMIs. You can program the second HMI to display and change any data from the PLC conected to the first HMI. It is actually a lot simpler than the manual makes it seem. If you get stuck let me know.

Regards

Bryan

If you are running network cards in both, you can hook them together with standard Cat5 cables on a intranet. Then program one as a "slave" and one as the "master". They can also be programmed as both "slave" and "master". They can then recieve information from any number of PLC's that are plugged into the "masters". The "slave" unit will not only see the data, but can send information back, through the "master" to the PLC. If there is no PLC at the "slave", all that is needed is power and the network connection. Been there, done that, works like a charm.