Beijer XTER T70 upload and modify ?

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
While I'm downloading the software, I figure I'll ask here since I've never touched one of these units before.

Can I upload an HMI project file from a Beijer XTER T70 terminal, modify it, and re-download it ?

I know I could expect to do this with some products (like A-B PanelView Standard) and not necessarily with other (like A-B PanelView Plus, or CoDeSys HMI).

What's the easiest way to connect a programming PC to a T70 ? I saw some Ethernet and USB plugs on the back.

Hi Ken,

Yes, it's possible to upload the application from an Exter panel (and modify/download it again). There is a risk that the original developer implemented an application password. In that case you need to know the password in order to upload the application to your PC.

Easiest is to upload the application via Ethernet. Default IP-address is 192.168.1.1 but you can see the unit's actual IP-address while the device is booting up.

At Beijer's website you can find several start-up documents that might be helpful, for an example:
http://www.beijerelectronics.com/we...ng=COM&DocID=FC538BE756AD560EC12577BB004455A8

Hope this helps!

//Supporter

That's excellent information. I'll make a visit to the customer site next week and see if I can upload.

Thank you !

You will need the software of course Ken. They do things a bit differently - I have been using their sunlight readable screens OK because I dislike Red Lion stuff immensely!

Hey guys,

Sorry for digging up an ancient post, but it turns out I need to do the exact same thing (upload project from T70 terminal) but the link provided for documentation is broken and I've been searching for quite awhile looking for info, but haven't found it. Hoping someone can point me to the proper documentation with a non broken link, thanks!

Thanks Parky, I was able to figure out that in the Transfer Window there are buttons for Send and Receive. Receive is obviously what I'll be using here.