Block Data transfer Error No Module Exists

remington

Hi everyone, I have a plc5 with 10 block data transfers and I have two of them that when I go to the setup screen I get an error that reads "NO MODULES EXIST IN THE IO CONFIGURATION FOR THIS R/G/M". I assume that it needs a configuration for the card? If this is correct where can one locate it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Unlike RSLogix500, the I/O configuration in RSLogix5 is for documentation purposes only. It has no effect on the PLC.

Now, with analog cards, it is possible to use the I/O configuration to access the setup wizards once you fill in the information for the block transfers, but aside from that it has no real function other than documentation

Paul

EDIT: See this thread for more info about how to access analog module configuration screens. In post #7, there's a backdoor method that should allow you to get to the I/O configuration without having to manually enter the BTR/BTW information...

Last edited:
Its just a warning. You can complete the programming without it.
If you want to get rid of the warning then under the project tree double click on I/O config. Select the chassis ( double click on it) then add the module you have in the correct slot. See picture below.

Edit: okiePC types faster then I do. I haven't had my Wheaties this morning.

JustaWarning.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,
I am now able to see configuration, I saved it, but I still cannot use setup screen button without getting the warning. It is not a big deal going through IO config and double clicking, at least now I can view data.