Brand new micro810 rookie....very rookie question

jdmartin

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but why are there two L2N/VAC connections points on the 2080-LC10-12AWA device?

Like I said, it's embarrassing to ask...

I see a single L1 VAC connection, and two L2 VAC connections....

jdmartin,

welcome to the forum.
the unit you purchased will accept either 110 or 220 volts ac.
L1 if for the 110 / 220 hot, the middle terminal marked L2/N it the 110 neutral and the L2/N terminal is the 220 neutral.

I'm not trying to slam you in any way, but you need a fundamental understanding of electricity and electrical schematics before going further.

regards,
james

James, are you sure about that? The manual leaves a bit to the imagination (I wish it showed actual wires connected as they do for Input and Output points) but I read it as:

L1 VAC - Hot for which ever voltage (110 / 220)

L2/N VAC - Neutral for the hot connection (L1 VAC)

L2/N VAC - Neutral/Common for the AC input points which are to the right.

The second 2 would probably be the same potential.

No offense taken, James, but I find the manual extremely lacking in basic info, just as Bernie pointed out. I'm not really a rookie to electrical/electronics, just to PLC's....thought it better to ask first before I did something stupid and let all the smoke out!!
Jim

JD,
i just remember a collegue of mine that smoked a unit.
come to find out he didn't really understand electricity or schemetic prints.

he knew enough to get in the door.
that's when we had to start the real world training.

Bernie,
i found a manual with a print of the unit and it was also the end of the day. thanks for adding to the post.

regards,
james

James,
Again I'm not a rookie to either schematics or electronics. It's just that this is my first foray into PLC's and I thought the question regarding the two L2 connections on the 810 was a valid one.

I have quite an extensive programming background in various software languages, except for PLC related programming. I'm working hard to teach myself very basic LD programming with this little "PLC", and things are going good.

I've just never accepted the fact that I'm too old to learn something. I will be 60 in a few months, but to me, that's merely a number. I certainly do not feel that old.

Have a great weekend!