building a sorter - divert devices?

I use 30, yes 30, self designed air cylinder style pushers in my plants with no reliability problems. Use cushioned cylinders (we also use square rod cylinders), only as much air flow and pressure as you need and spec a cylinder that will NOT reach end of stroke during extension. We push boxes weighing up to 7 lbs. with these pushers and our cycle time is .44 seconds, meaning we could push a box every second if needed.

Our cost to build each pusher is around $700 ea. which is around $1200 less than our conveyor company wanted for a larger "too big" unit.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am a student and would like to take the next step and learn FactoryTalk (Batch preferably) and how to create HMIs etc. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi all Trend seemed to have carved a niche in building controls. The controllers seem expensive and inflexible, in the words of a Trend user. Do...
Replies
Views
I have a 24" plotter that we print out full scale backpanels and transfer all the holes to a backpanel for faster layout and build time. Does...
Replies
Views
Anyone building cabinets according to Korean standards? What to think about? Do you need to use components with Korean approvals?
Replies
Views
General question for everyone. I'm finishing up some industrial electrician training in the next couple years and then plan to open up my own shop...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom