Can Bus issue

mad4x4

We have a Hengstler A58 Can Open Encoder connected to a CM Can Open Interface card for Siemens S7-1200 plc.

{Encode}|BusTerm|============= { PLC}

When we have above connected with 3m Cable the Encoder and PLC interface work ( we have a solid green power light and get data)

When we have above connected with a 10m Cable the Encoder doesn't work ( we have a green power light and a red flahing error Light) .

Both the 3m & 10m Cables are wired the same and are provided by the Encoder Manufacturer with a moulded Plug on one End. If we swap back to the 3m it will work ?

Inside the Panel is a 18.5KW VSD (Siemens GC120C) and a PLC (S7-1212C DC/DC/DC) and some MCB's .

Only thing to notice was that when the VSD is running my Laptop (connected over ethernet locally to the PLC would loose its internal mouse guessing though EMC noise.

Reading the data on CanBus it would appear to be immune to nois so i'm at a lost on whet to do next..

We need the 10m Cable we can't live with the 3m one.....