Can I directly change 1734-ACNR to 1734-AENTR?

Yashka

Hi All!
I have inherited some system based on ControlNet coax. I'd like to upgrade it to EtherNet/IP. So, can I just buy the 1734-AENTR instead of the currently used 1734-ACNTR and just replace the ones in the racks? Or should I do something additional to changing the IO configuration in the project?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The adapter in the project will need to be changed. I would create the new ones, search and replace the IO, then delete the old ones. Then download.
If your CN adapters have a unique name you want to keep, just make the Ethernet one with a NEW after it. Then when you delete the CN one just rename the Ethernet one.
Also after changing over make sure to document and apply any configurations to IO cards. Like analog scaling or point defaults.

The adapter in the project will need to be changed. I would create the new ones, search and replace the IO, then delete the old ones. Then download.
If your CN adapters have a unique name you want to keep, just make the Ethernet one with a NEW after it. Then when you delete the CN one just rename the Ethernet one.
Also after changing over make sure to document and apply any configurations to IO cards. Like analog scaling or point defaults.

I've got it. Thanks!