Can not open studio 5000 project

nmk34

the following popup shows when i tried to open this project:

Failed to open File "c:\users\.........\Bulk_Software.ACD
The FactoryTalk Directory does not contain the Permission Set:'Bulk' see your administrator"

this project was send to me by the machine manufacturer tech that could open it on his laptop.

i am an admin on this laptop.

I opened Factorytalk administrator console, and under permission, there is nothing. is this project protected and that is why i cannot open it?
this factorytalk directory configured for local directory. it is on the company's network, but all rockwell software are local to this laptop.
how to add the permission needed to get me to open this project?

Can you rename the .acd file to have something else? "Bulk" permission set and your filename having "Bulk" don't seem to be a coincidence.

Also, can you open other ACD files on this machine?

LSA may not be set to your PC's factorytalk directory.
As you cannot open the file, it's hard to verify this.
Contact your machine manufacturer and see if they can disable FTS or reassign the LSA to your PC's directory, which you'd have to send them.
Alternative you can try to add the Bulk permission set yourself but this may not work if it wasn't created with the same PC that created the initial .acd.
To do this you open FTAC and under the explorer panel there will be a listing for Permission near the bottom, underneath connections.
Right click it and add the permission set named Bulk.
Right click the Bulk permission set you created and click on 'security' and enable all permissions for the account you're trying to use to open the .acd.
Probably wont work but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Hello and thank you all for your help.
I changed the name of the .ACD and the result was the same, could not open the file. then i added 'Bulk' to the permissions in FTAC and give it all access, that worked. Thanks