Can user set shortcut IP to PLC in PanelView7?

MartyMaucher

I'm running a PanelView 7 display talking to an Allen Bradley PLC at IP 172.16.5.58 as shown in the shortcut below. The PV can read and display its DevicePath system variable just fine, but it is Read Only.

I'm wondering if a user can change the display's DevicePath IP address if needed, say if they change the PLC IP address later?

pv71.jpg pv72.PNG

I asked the same question to TechConnect people 4 years ago. They said me that it's not possible to change the pointed IP during runtime because security reasons.

I don't know if something has changed on the new panel views.

Similar Topics

Hi All, Have any of you resolved this... I just opened up a new Modicon M241 and the firmware was outdated. So after using the controller...
Replies
Views
Hello guys after some (a lot probably) of help. I've bought VM Ware 16 pro as I wish to set up 3 VMs for different RS Logix versions I use. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Public Sub SecurityGetUser() Dim Result As Integer Writing Scripts 110 Dim UserID As String Dim UserName As String Dim GroupName As String...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I have been trying to set up User Archives in WinCC (add in the existing project) by following the wizard and reading the manual...
Replies
Views
Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom