Can we monitor/watch the status of safety tags in SafetyTask rung?

wendaiyu

Can we monitor/watch the status of safety tags in SafetyTask rung? Or the status of safety tags are freezed?

Thanks a lot.

safety tags.jpg

Not sure what your question is exactly, here's a few answers...
- You can monitor the status of the safety tags by looking at them in either the ladder logic or the controller tags "monitor" tab
- You can read but not write to safety tags within the non-safety routines
- You can view the state of the safety logic just the same as the non-safety logic, you just can't edit it (unless, next point...)
- You can edit the safety logic if the PLC is safety unlocked. Obviously, this is an inherently risky operation, and you should absolutely not do this unless you've conducted an appropriate risk assessment and are testing changes before returning a machine to service

Any of those what you're after?