Can you recommend the proper direction on SLC500

I put a 1 in B26 already and it works great as a delay. My problem is I tried to change the values in the rung 12 and 16, but I dont get the correct results of the macro running correctly now. My bad I know for not understanding the exact instruction. I tried to read the instruction method of usage, but have not quite grasp it yet. I will wait on rev 4.. I know yours will work.

ok... more I thought about it.. all 1's is better across there. easy to fine that way 1111111111111

Last edited:
Rev 4...intro to subroutines

Okay, now to adjust the off time timer, you will change the values in N7:10 and N7:11.

N7:10 is the normal time between commands, and N7:11 is the extended time which will be used when the macro data only has a "1" in the first bit 0 location.

I moved the macro select junk to a subroutine so you don't have to scroll past all that in the main, and re-arranged a few rungs, fixed the step limits, and expanded the macros to 20 steps each.

Paul

EDIT: I did not test this yet, but will try it out after lunch using RSLogix Emulate...

Last edited:
Looks good here on the test bench. Will move to testing on the machine in about 30 minutes.

Hard wire testing is looking good so far. Only minor key mapping issues.

Thank you again so much :site:

Well, here is all the hard work. Looks pretty good, and works just as I envision it to.

I had added the LCD monitor about 2 months ago, and now my LCD keyboard.

As you can see all hard button switches are still 100% in tact and functional.

proface_fadal.jpg

Okie. I just thought of another application of my new setup. Tell me if this is possible and I will research it.

I have a tool probe that is just a 4 inch dial indicator. The dial is difficult for me to see these days down under the spindle area. Maybe more light would help for sure on that. Anyway, What about a measuring device that inputs to the SLC 500 and can output the information on the HMI in a meter type gauge? I have read on here about pressure inputs, and prox sensors, limit switches, but I have not read about measuring sensors. It would need to be actuate to .0001 . It is for measuring my tool lengths.