Cannot Register Devices in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet

Hi all

I also have upgraded to ver 21 and it has also fixed this problem for me.
All my problems happened with I installed ver 20. We just got new laptops with windows 7 pro 32 bit and 16 gig ram. We have also moved to VMware and I can not say enough goods things about it as it will safe a lot of time spent reinstalling software

Donnchadh

Hi Guys

I have same problem, do you mean upgrade RSLOgix5000 or RSNetWorx? I am using :

- RSNetWorx 11.00
- RSLinx Classic v3.51.01
- RSLogix 5000 v20.01.00

Thanks for any help.

I had not read this thread when it was originally posted.

Not all posters who have had issues have stated which version of RSLinx Classic they were using at the time that RSNetWorx v10/v11 would not work correctly, but I would hazard a guess that they had RSLinx Classic v3.51 or above installed at the time. If RSLinx Classic was not the culprit, then perhaps one of the other possible products which updates the EDS Subsystem to the newer SQL Database?

Once one of these products is installed, the entire PC is updated the to the newer Database, the older software products can no longer access EDS files correctly. Even though they may appear to be registering correctly, they are being registered to the new Database. RSNetWorx v10/v11 uses the older EDS file system of registering EDS files in Windows Registry, and so can no longer access the required EDS files through the Registry.

This is why, in most cases, updating RSNetWorx to v21 fixed the issue, as v21 is compatible with the newer EDS Database.

I noticed this thread as MJSE had just posted here this morning seeking help with their issues from another thread they had started recently. I have only just similarly replied to MJSE in that other thread explaining a possible reason for their problem. There is also important info posted there regarding a patch that allows users to continue to use RSNetWorx v10.01/v11 with the newer EDS Subsystem, saving users from having to update to v21, if they wish not to...

MJSE's thread: RSNetworx and 1769-SDN DeviceNet module

I'm not definitively saying that this is the cause and solution to all users with similar issues, but that it's a prime candidate and important to know when considering upgrading only one software product which may have a negative impact on the rest.

Regards,
George

Last edited: