Cannot unlock safety signature

patelaksh30

Hi,

I am trying to download program into PLC but old and new program have diff safety signatures. I guess I am supposed to unlock PLC and delete current safety signature so I can download new program.

But when I put controller into program mode, safety lock/unlock button stays in light grey area means I cannot unlock PLC to delete current safety signature.

Replacing controller is my last option but is there anything am I missing or need to do in order to unlock controller? Attaching screenshot of controller safety.

Thank you

Controller1.PNG

Are you running either the Full Edition or Professional Edition of Studio 5000?
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/67336/loc/en_US

To this point, and to add a little, if you don't have a license for GuardLogix, then I'd guess you cannot unlock the safety.

Under Help/About > More Info, "Features" will list the languages and modules you have a license for. You should see "GuardLogix Editor". If you don't, you won't have the ability to edit safety. Also, you can look in the Activation Manager for "RSLogix 5000 GLX Option".