Can't register GSDML for APL device in TIA portal, HSP missing perhaps?

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Siemens experts. I am trying to register a GSDML file for an Endress & Hauser's Profinet IO over APL (Profile 4.0) compliant device. TIA Portal, both v 15.1 and v 18, do not let me register the device. However, the CODESYS engineering tool can register the device. Moreover, the PI's GSDML Checker flags no syntax error for this GSDML file.
Is it necessary to install some hardware support package (HSP) on the TIA portal in order to be able to register GSDML files for APL devices?

GSDML-V2.43-EH-Cerabar-20230316_ImportIssue.jpg

That sounds like an excellent question for Siemens tech support.

APL stuff is new enough that Siemens might not support it yet. At a minimum, they don't have any APL products right now.

Yeah, APL is very new. In fact I am working on a display for a trade show where we want to show this device with an APL switch that I am trying to promote here..

Will try connecting the device with CODESYS, and in parallel see if I get some support from Siemens.