Cartesian Fluid Motion

dr_cronik

Hi All

Im trying to improve the performance of a cartesian Pick and Place system on our plant.

I intend to write a routine to move the robot to a position, which will be passed to the routine before it is triggered.

The basic operation of the routine will be to lift the Z axis to a travel height and then move X,Y axis on the horizonatal plane to the new position. With our current system the Z move completes (.PC) bit on before the horizontal movement is triggered, this results in a slight pause before movement continues.

I would like to merge the vertical lift move into the horizontal move before the final Z destination is reached. The point of merge will be dertermined by a Zone parameter also passed to the routine, this will determine how close the Z axis must be to the target before the horizontal move is triggered. (I have attached a basic diagram, the Zone is shown by the circle, I intend for the P&P to follow the curve of the blue line within the circle)

In short, I want to cut the corner without stopping.

Has anyone tried his before?

I would like to know of a good method to determine when the z axis enters the Zone, I have considered Comparing the Position feedback of the axis but wondered if there was a better method of doing this. Bear in mind that the Z target position and Zone could change each time the routine is called.

All axis are configuired as a coordinate system.

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cartMov.JPG

Hi All

I have investigated further and learnt I can achieve this using blended moves.

For my appliaction I would need to use a Termination Type (6) : Command Tolerence Programmed.

However I do not have all the fields on my MCLM as displayed in the manual.

Therefore I cannot enter the Command Tolerence for the termination.

My MCLM is on the left Manual on the right, I have circuiled my missing fiwlds in red.

Does anyone know how I can enter these fields or why they are not appearing

missingFields.jpg