CCW 11, uploading from Micro 820 - Target not Authorized

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to upload from a remote Micro 820. I am getting this error message.

unable to load project with limited license. The target '' used by 'Micro820' device is unauthorized.

WTF?

Just the first thing I think of....

You probably already figured this.

Are you sure your using the same version that's in the controller. Some of the older ones were very picky about getting connected to the PC.

I know the new V13 can open any other version of project, you may want to try it since you are in V11. If that's an old V8 or V9 controller this could snag you up.

Just a thought.

I'm assuming since your trying to upload, Linx can see the controller with no issues.

Just another thought.

By any chance was somebody already online with it perhaps ?

I seem to remember "something along the lines of" that the (older at least) Micro800s, once connected to the PC. If the connection is interrupted without a specific process of save and "go offline" rather than just cutting the online connection, it needed a power cycle to allow another connection. I had one older one here that seems to lock me out like this, just be a pain but always allowed me to connect after some fiddling... It was a long time since I touched it, but last time I used V13 and had no hiccups.

I assume you have already had somebody there power cycle it, or perhaps it is in production now cant be interrupted.