Change Controller Type

AnotherPLCguy

Hello All, I am modifying an existing PLC program and want to change the controller type (from 1769-L30ER to 1769-L32E). I am currently using revision 21.11 of RSLogix and when I click the "Change Controller..." tab I don't see my controller type (1769-L32E) in the list. Could someone please guide me and tell me if I am approaching it wrong ?

Thanks a lot for your time !

Your problem is that L32E isn't supported in V21. The program will have to be converted back to V20, then you will be able to pick L32E.

And unfortunately there is not an easy way to go back revs. As an OEM, we keep our master programs in V20 for this reason. Just in case someone wants a L32E or L43 processor.

The work around for converting back is to save the program as L5K, open it with a text editor, change line 12 to 2.11 (I think it will be 2.12). Then launch Logix5000 (not Studio5000), in the bottom left of the open dialog box you can select V20. Hopefully everything works for you, I've ran into problems when doing this with older revisions and having things like other processors in my I/O tree.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've got to replace an existing 1769-L31 PLC with a new 1769-L30ER PLC . The code was earlier written in v13 and the older PLC only had serial ports whereas the new PLC has Ethernet ports. I've installed RS Logix 5000 v 13 but I'm not sure about what else should I look out for while changing the controller type from L31 to the new L30ER. Any leads on this would be helpful. Thanks in advance