Change the codesys program plc model

Note that the 750-842 is quite a bit older than the 750-881. Perhaps it does not have all the options of the newer model, and it may just not be up to the task that your 750-881 handles with ease.

You would need the source code for your CoDeSys project as well as target files for the other PLC model. If you don't have the target files, then get in touch with Wago or your Wago supplier in order to obtain the proper target files. They may not be supplied free of charge.

From there on it should be simple, unless your program uses options specific to one controller that are not present in the other model.

Within CoDeSys open your Wago project, on the left side of the screen select tab Resources. Double click Target Settings. Choose the target for your new controller. Click OK and go through the tabs of your new target's options to verify settings.

and please make a backup of the source file before you do anything.
And as toine said you must have the original .pro file from the company.