Changing out processor in SLC rack with an 1747-AENTR

cdwilliams496

All,

Thanks for any help.

I am currently changing out an 1747-L543 processor over to an 1747-AENTR card so that I can now run this rack from an 1756-L85E Logix processor. I have been able to get everything transferred over but I am having an issue.

The old SLC system is comprises of 2 I/O racks. The first rack is from slot 0-9 and 2nd rack is slot 10-22. I am able to communicate with all devices on the 1st rack with the AENTR but all devices on the 2nd rack stay in a faulted state. The error code I am getting is a communication timeout. I have attached pictures of my SLC configuration.

I believe I have the latest revision (2.002) of the 1747-AENTR card so I do not need to upgrade firmware, I am correct in that assumption?

Any help would be appreciated.

AENTR1.jpg AENTR2.jpg AENTR3.jpg

The 1747-AENTR should support 30 slots if it has firmware 2.001 or later.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/477410/page/2

Look at the very bottom of the Controller Organizer (you might have to pull the window separator up from the bottom) to see the fault code for the slot, or look on the Connection section for the Module itself.

Interesting that the BASIC module in Slot 12 does not appear to be faulted in that screenshot.

Can you set up a Rack Optimized connection for all of the Discrete I/O, and direct Module connections for the analog stuff ? I haven't used the -AENTR so I'm not sure about how that works.

Hi

It’s been a while now but I think I remember having to
Use one for each rack. It’s in the back of my mind I remember having the same issue the second time I used it and the only time I had more than 1 rack. Non Allen Bradley cards would not also work and the same with the SN scanner and the dnet scanner
Again all only from memory

Thanks
Donnchadh

1747-AENTR firmware prior to version 2.001 would not support expansion chassis with the backplane interconnection cables.

And there are a handful of limitations and restrictions on what types of modules will work; they're in the User Manual.

The 1746-NI8 and the 1746-BAS are the only ones that I think would require a Class 3 connection (the adapter supports only 8 of those).

The rest of the I/O ought to work, so I think the next diagnostic step is to figure out the specific fault codes for the faulted connections.

Last edited:
I have attached a picture of the error code I am seeing.... code16#204

Actually, the 1746-BAS will be taken out of the rack when we do the final testing. But since I am still going back and forth with testing and production on this machine, the card is still show in the tree.

error.jpg