Christmas lights

woah, it's soooo cool :)

syncing with music makes it so much more attractive but it must have been lots of work (wiring...). i was doing few things here and there starting with simple chasing lights etc. this halloween i was really short with time so i had to put something quick and dirty together. i really liked elevmike's story about his recent automation attempts so i tried to imitate the last one (yes, the one with poor dog :D : http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=123371&postcount=10).

the only difference - i used pair of large fans to make noise instead of counter weighted shaker motor that mike had. my wife found some "spider web" which was moving around while fans ware running. overal everyone was happy and nobody was injured. i was just doing some research, trying to find something cool when this came along (link posted in another forum):
http://elm-chan.org/works/vlp/report_e.html
what do you guys think?

Last edited:
It looks even better live. The house is less than 5 minutes from my office and I drove by it the another night on the way home from work. It took him over 2 months to install and about 1 hour of time to program for every minute of music. Over 25,000 lights.

I was watching football today and saw a Miller Lite commercial that was just that Wizards clip. It looked like they did a lot of post production because it even looked better in the commercial.
Or was that the beer?

Christmas next year.

I have an old ge plc and too much time on my hands. I have purchased many lights. right after the holidays lol. What I plan is a little different. I have a nativity, a set of deer. a set of snow men. a Santa scene and several colored lights for the trees. What I am going to do is set it up so that every minute or 2 the whole scene changes. from the mananger to santa to flashing trees. What I would like to do is set up small portions as the year goes on get input from you guys and then slowly build the whole show. So, what I am looking for now is your ideas. Right now we are @ anything goes. Well anything as long as my budget holds lol

I wondered what will be the average power consumption on a lighting such as those in the videos. It's totally amazing.(y) How I wish such deco could happen over here in Singapore. The weather can get so humid and rainy the lights will never last.:cry:
🍻
regards
Sherine T.

MHennel said:
It looks even better live. The house is less than 5 minutes from my office and I drove by it the another night on the way home from work. It took him over 2 months to install and about 1 hour of time to program for every minute of music. Over 25,000 lights.

I too live in the Mason Area, If you don't mind, where are you working.... (Little networking here)

Thats a different house. Thoses people are actually in Toronto Canada. Check out the web site..they show how its done..pretty cool stuff..mostly home made.

D