Christmas Lights

ebaywin2

Hi all,

I'm new to forums and plcs and I am self teaching with internet info and trial and error. I will be getting a click plc with analog in and out and also 8pt relay out module.

I am wondering if I can interface audio with the analog input and based on different levels activate different outputs.

I am trying to sync Christmas lights without having to take the time to do a drum sequence and time everything then start the plc and music simultaneously. any help translated into non plc language speaking ppls language will help.

Thanks alot guys.

Thank you very much for a quick reply.
the Light o Rama is expensive compared to the PLC though. and the programming software is free for the PLC as well.
I know you guys probably get this every year, I am just trying to challenge myself and see if I can learn a little about plcs in the process.

wow guys you kick the mrplc forums butt I have been waiting on a reply from someone there for 2 days and this only took 30 min. This is great!
Thank you for your suggestions

If you go and look at Light Chasers in the electronic Kit stores.
These existed 30 Years ago - and are Audio In to 16 Bit out.
used in the old Disco Days (I,m 53)
you do need descent output relays (Load)

What you are looking for is made by a company called Light O Rama. They have everything from kits to the individual pieces you need to sync up your lights to music.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Light O Rama.

Icky,
someone mentioned that the other day a couple of posts back and for the amount of outputs I would like the Light O Rama is just too expensive!

Oh it can be done if you have the time and ability. But it is a lot of work. For me I would rather pay the extra bucks and leave the headaches with the synchronization at the door. :D

There is a guy here in town who uses a plc to do his light show. I was talking with him about it. He said he timed the music out using some music player software. Then used a timer in the plc to sync it up. He told me it took some tweeking to get it just right. When you pull up to his house you tune your radio to whatever station he has listed and there you go. Not sure if it helps you at all. I myself have been thinking of doing this but never got around to it.