CIP Paths for Nested Objects

Thanks, this is the DF1 Protocol and Command Set. Id does not cover services for ControlLogix or CompactLogix. I think that manual had more pages. Sorry, it was a long time ago.

Sorry, I thought you want DF1 commands that can be encapsulated in PCCC. This doc was published in 1996 2 years before ControlLogix release.
I don't recall a dedicated PCCC manual, maybe it was a white paper or something.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about tbh, but was it this manual?
https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm020_-en-p.pdf

I just found this references to this 1756-PM020A-EN-P on the knowledgebase Document ID QA56504. It does have some PCCC commands. What are PCCC commands, and what can they be used for in automation?

Try service code 0x8 on class 0x45 on your L16. It’s a dynamic class, so you have to tell it to create an instance before operating on it. Then you can try service 0x4C to read from the new instance.

I’m not sure if the 5370s implement it, but 5x80s do.

If you perform a 0x01 (GetAttributesAll) on the Message Router (0x02) Instance 1, it should return all the classes the controller implements in attribute 1.
OK, will try this next time I go to my office.

I don't even know what you guys are talking about tbh, but was it this manual?
What are PCCC commands, and what can they be used for in automation?
“PCCC” refers to the “Programmable Controller Communication Commands”. These are commands that were first supported in DF1, then in DH+, ControlNet and finally EtherNet/IP.
In CIP the PCCC is implented as class 0x67, which is a Rockwell vendor specific class and not part of the ODVA specification. It is possible to read and write tag data but also send commands to a PLC through the PCCC. I think Rockwell does not publicize this PCCC object too much nowadays.

I cannot find the manual in the Rockwell KB but there is a site called manualsdir.com or something but it does not let me download it. It allowed me to get the screenshot below. I wish I could get the actual PDF. The manual is for ControlNet, but this class 0x67 is supported in legacy mode over EtherNet/IP as well, I am almost sure but I could be wrong.

2021-08-08PCCC.jpg

“PCCC” refers to the “Programmable Controller Communication Commands”. These are commands that were first supported in DF1, then in DH+, ControlNet and finally EtherNet/IP.
In CIP the PCCC is implented as class 0x67, which is a Rockwell vendor specific class and not part of the ODVA specification. It is possible to read and write tag data but also send commands to a PLC through the PCCC. I think Rockwell does not publicize this PCCC object too much nowadays.

I cannot find the manual in the Rockwell KB but there is a site called manualsdir.com or something but it does not let me download it. It allowed me to get the screenshot below. I wish I could get the actual PDF. The manual is for ControlNet, but this class 0x67 is supported in legacy mode over EtherNet/IP as well, I am almost sure but I could be wrong.

This is awesome! I wonder if they did this to protect studio5k from having competitors!

I was able to download from manualsdir, and upload it here: https://file.io/62SFOzxcdCts

Hopefully that helps!

I've almost deciphered the object and its service response.
God news! I was planning to look into this during the weekend. Sorry this week I was extremely busy. Do you mean this class 0x45 you mentioned in a previous post?
So, if you are OK, I guess I will not be doing my investigation. I hope then you complete your endeavour.

Yes. I've run into a new issue in that it seems to not respond happily to local requests, but does great with remote ones.