Citectscada v.7.40 a problem with Username

nastya

Hello, could somebody help me with the problem in Citectscada v.7.40:
The userename is always set to "system" value.
So I can't get this field in MS SQL server 2014 R2 database.
The user logs in as "User1", but when I try to get the value of Username, it is set to "system" not "User1". Could this problem could be solved?

Thank,you

I use SQL Device in CitectScada to log alarms to SQL MS Server database.
The format of SQL Device is :
{LocalTimeDate,24}{Tag,80}{Type,16}{LogState,13}{UserName,16}{Custom1,64}{Custom2,64}{Custom3,64}

There is a table with the same fields in database.

I log in as "User1" and acknowledge an alarm. But Username is set to "System" not "User1" (at table field Username)

When logging alarms, the username should only be set to "System" when an alarm is triggered (as an alarm tripping does not count as an operator action). But you're saying that the username field is set to "System" when you acknowledge an alarm? That is quite odd.

Yes.I need to get a data about user, who acknowledge alarms, and log this data in database.
User logs in as "User1" and User1 acknowledge an alarm, but there is the value "System" instead of "User1" at the field Username.

Is this problem occurring when you do other alarm actions such as disabling an alarm?

Also, are you defining your users within Citect itself or are you using Windows Security integration?

I believe there was a bug where a Username field would show "System" if a Windows login was used to perform alarm actions in Citect. However, it was fixed in a 7.10 service pack so it may not be related to your issue.

The user is always set to "system".
It doesn't metter how I log in, acknowledge or disable alarms.The field Username always has the value "system"

When you log in do you get a successful message ?

Its impossible to tell what is going on without knowing all details of your system, for instance is it a client server, single machine, redundant, are you using integrated security
etc. etc.

I understand it. Well, Logging in is successful. It's a client machine for a dispatcher, where the project is run. I'm afraid I don't understand how security policy effects on this problem, because I use Citect authentification.

So, the way I understand it, you are testing this on a client machine and not the actual machine where the alarm server is running?

If so, are you able to log into the Citect server machine and acknowledge/disable an alarm? If you can do that, does the Username field still show "System" for users logged onto the server machine?

Last edited:
Okay my bad, you mentioned client machine so I assumed you were running Citect as a server-client setup across a network and as not a standalone system. If you've only got Citect running on a single standalone machine, that narrows down our possibilities a bit.

More questions:

Are you running Multi-process mode?

When you configured a server user in the Computer Setup Wizard, did you select the 'Default Server User'?

If you go into the kernel of the client process and run UserInfo(1), does it return the correct username?

I'm sorry, I'm new in Citectscada, so I couldn't answer these questions.May be you could tell me where I can get this data. I consider that it can deal with user configuring, may be it deals with type of user ot roles.But I don't know where to find it configuration