ClassicLadder Hardware

SilverShotBee

Hi All,

I've been trawling through these boards for the last few years and they've always helped me out, but now I need a bit more help.

I've written small code to control a heating system, similar to a home heating system, where by there is a separate hot water and "heating" system.

The code has been written in Ladder, using ClassicLadder. I found ClassicLadder very easy to use and to test and debug without the need for the PLC. However, now I am really struggling to find any affordable hardware that actually uses ClassicLadder.

My question is, does anyone know where I can get hardware for ClassicLadder (or a similar alternative)

My budget is around £100

Why not zip and post your files? Maybe someone will convert it for you to a different and inexpensive plc.

Why not zip and post your files? Maybe someone will convert it for you to a different and inexpensive plc.

Thanks, the code is really small and not complicated, plus I'd rather do it myself for experience, not to say that I'm not grateful for the help though!

If someone could tell me the inexpensive PLCs i'd be thankful!

Hi

You could use a micro logix 1000 from Allen Bradley for about 80 euro not sure what the sterling price is and there is a light version of the software you can download for free as I understand it. The reason I suggest the ab is that it's used a lot and you will have no problem in getting help here.
I also understand that the direct logic plc is very good also as it's spoke about a lot here and the price is also meant to be very good

Donnchadh

Hi

You could use a micro logix 1000 from Allen Bradley for about 80 euro not sure what the sterling price is and there is a light version of the software you can download for free as I understand it. The reason I suggest the ab is that it's used a lot and you will have no problem in getting help here.
I also understand that the direct logic plc is very good also as it's spoke about a lot here and the price is also meant to be very good

Donnchadh

Im very familiar with rockwell (use it a lot at work), the only reason I never thought about it is because Ive seen the quoted price for SLC500s and Compax Logix and assumed it would be way out of my price range.

I'll defo check out the Micro Logix