Client Server Redundancy

awarunek

I am working on commissioning 4 stations. I am using Allen Bradley software and I am using Client/Server Arch. Each station has its own controller and HMI for the interface. Question is, do I need to have server redundancy if I want to be able to shut down a station without affecting the other 3, say for maintenance etc.? Or will one server suffice?

Greetings,

Redundancy will depend on how critical your information is and if you can afford to lose anything. I have provided a link for a product we distribute from Kepware called Redundancy Master. The information provided could answer your questions. Once you understand the scenarios, you will likely be able to answer your question.

Redundancy Master increases the reliability and availability of OPC data by allowing multiple OPC Servers to be configured into redundant pairs. Each redundant pair seamlessly appears as a single OPC Server to any OPC Client application. Redundancy Master can be added to an existing server/client application without any reconfiguration of the application, keeping your processes going with out any down time.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/redundancymaster.htm